Read-only users able to transition issues in Jira server
JIRA 7 introduced Application Access. If you are on 7 or above, please check the Application Access so that the user will be able to login to JIRA.
The rest of this article explains how to set this up via workflow conditions.
Users that are made to be read-only can still transition issues.
The conditions in the workflow transitions haven't been edited.
- Create a Read-Only group and add your desired users to it
Make sure they're ONLY enabled under the Browse Projects permission(whether project-specific or on a default scheme)
- Open your workflow designer, choose any transition and click the cog wheel ( ) which appears on the right side of transition.
- Choose "View Conditions" and the Edit Transition Screen will appear
- You'll want to add a condition to the transition. Select "Permission Condition", scroll down and click "add."
- On the next screen, select the permission according to the specific users which you want to grant access to that transition. For Example, if you select "Resolve Issues," all users with that permission will be able to make that specific transition. You can add additional conditions by clicking "Add condition to group" when you get to the initial "Edit Transition" screen.
Make sure your workflow is associated to the project which you want to be effected