Sub Tasks Transitions upon Parent Issues Transitioning
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only. This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
Sub Tasks of Parent Issues will automatically transition based on transitions by Parent Issues.
This feature is not available in Jira by default but is achievable using a plugin/ add-on from Atlassian marketplace.
The plugin/add-on you would need is called : JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions
- Install the add-on from Atlassian Marketplace from your JIRA instance.
Installing Marketplace apps
- Navigate to your workflow transition page for the Parent issue. Locate the appropriate status and open it. Go to the post functions tab and click on add post function.
- A list of additional post functions will be available from the JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions add-on.
- Select Transition related issues and click next
- Documentation for this feature can be read here: Transition related issues
- On the Transition(s) field , enter the relevant transition ID number or name which you want the subtask to be transitioned to.
- On the Which issue(s) field, select Sub-tasks of the current issue and click Add.
Success ! Your Sub-tasks will now transition to a new status based on the configuration once your parent issue is transitioned for this specific transition. Repeat the steps for other transitions if necessary.