The Customer Satisfaction survey is not sent when a Service Management request is resolved
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
When a Service Management request is resolved, the Customer Satisfaction survey is not received by the customer (reporter of the request).
There are 2 possible scenarios:
- Scenario 1: when the request is resolved, a notification email is sent to the customer, but the customer satisfaction survey is missing:
- Scenario 2: when the request is resolved, no notification email is sent to the customer
A notification email should be sent to the customer and include the customer satisfaction survey:
This issue might happen due to either of the reasons below:
- Scenario 1:
- Root cause 1: The customer satisfaction setting is disabled for the Service Management project the request belongs to
- Root cause 2: The "Request Resolved" customer notifications is disabled for the Service Management project the request belongs to
- Root cause 3: There is an issue in the workflow: in the transition that is setting the resolution, the resolution is set twice, and we are hitting the bug: - JSDSERVER-7187Getting issue details... STATUS
- Root cause 4: There is an issue in the workflow: in the transition that is setting the resolution, the post-function setting the resolution is located right above a post-function firing an Issue Resolved event
- Root cause 5: If using a Service Management version lower than 3.2.0, we might be hitting this bug: - JSDSERVER-3156Getting issue details... STATUS
- Root cause 6: If the old customer notification template is used, we might be hitting this bug: - JSDSERVER-3590Getting issue details... STATUS
- Scenario 2:
- Root cause 7: The "Request Type" field of the request is not set. In this case, none of the customer notifications (issue creation, status update, issue resolved...) will be sent.
For Cause 1:
- Go to the Project Settings page
- Click on the "Satisfaction Settings" link from the left bar menu
- If this setting is disabled, enable it
For Cause 2:
Go to the Project Settings page
- Click on the "Customer Notifications" link from the left bar menu
- If the "Request Resolved" notification is disabled, click on "Edit" and Re-enable it
For Cause 3:
- Verify if you have if you have a transition in the Workflow (used by the impacted issue) that sets the Resolution twice by following the steps below:
- Go to Project Settings > Workflow
- Edit the workflow that is associated to the type of the impacted issue
- Click on each "Resolve Issue" transition, and click on the "Post Functions" link
- Check if the transition has a resolution screen associated to it, and a post function that sets the resolution to a specific value, as shown in the screenshot below:
- If that's the case, the fix consists in either solution below to ensure that the resolution is only sets once:
- Remove the post function that sets the resolution
- OR un-link the screen from the transition
For Cause 4:
- Verify if you have if you have a transition in the Workflow (used by the impacted issue) that contains the 2 following post-functions:
- The Resolution of the issue will be set to Done
- Fire a Issue Resolved event that can be processed by the listeners
- Here is below a screenshot showing this configuration:
- If that's the case, to resolve this issue, you need to move the post-function The Resolution of the issue will be set to Done to the top of the post-function list, as shown in the screenshot below:
For Cause 5:
If you are using a Service Management version lower than 3.2.0, check if you have set the "Default outgoing email format" setting to "Text" by following the steps below:
- Go to ⚙ > System > Default user preferences (or just go to the page <baseurl>/ViewUserDefaultSettings.jspa)
- Look for the "Default outgoing email format" setting and check if it's set to "Text"
- If it is set to "Text", to fix the Customer Satisfaction issue, you can either:
Upgrade Service Management to 3.2.0 or higher
- Set the "Default outgoing email format" setting and set it to "HTML"
For Cause 6:
Check if the new email notification template is disabled in the Dark Feature page by following the steps below:
- Go to the URL box in your browser and enter the following address: <hostname>/secure/admin/SiteDarkFeatures!Default.jspa (e.g. http://jira.examplecompany.com/secure/admin/SiteDarkFeatures!Default.jspa)
- Within Site Wide Dark Features check if sd.email.conversational.notification.disabled is listed, as shown in the screenshot below
- If sd.email.conversational.notification.disabled is listed as shown in the screenshot, click on the "Disable" button next to it to re-enable the new email notification template
For Cause 7:
Open the Request from the Jira UI (Agent View) and check if the "Request Type" field is empty. If it is empty, it should be displayed as No Match, as shown in the screenshot below:
If that's the case, no customer notification (including the one that has the customer satisfaction survey) will be sent to the customer, since this field is required. This situation usually happens if the request was created within the Jira UI and not from the Customer Portal.
To fix the issue, set the Request Type field to a valid type, and then try to re-open the request and re-resolve it. A notification should be sent to the customer upon issue resolution with the customer satisfaction survey
If the problem persists, or if the query from the diagnosis step did not return any row, please reach out to Atlassian Support via https://support.atlassian.com/.