Unable to Browse for Users and Groups
- User cannot select or search for users from user picker fields.
- JIRA applications don't auto-suggest any user or group (e.g. when configuring global permissions) as the user begins typing.
- Auto-suggest feature doesn't work when trying to mention other users using @... (Mentions are Not Working in JIRA applications).
Example: when trying to mention users a dropdown with user names should appear, however, no dropdown appears.
Permission to look up users and groups comes from the Global permission "Browse users and groups". If a user is unable to find users, it is likely they are not part of a group with this permission.
- Go to Settings > System.
- On the left side menu, click Global permissions.
- Scroll to the bottom of the permissions page.
- Select Grant "Browse users and groups" to a group of which the affected user is part.
Users without this Browse Users Global Permission would still be able to add users to any user picker field by explicitly providing the exact username - or groupname as the case may be, but will not have auto-suggest working for them.