Configuring program permissions
The permissions in Advanced Roadmaps take precedence over the permissions in your Jira application.
By default, all Advanced Roadmaps users in your Jira application instance can view and edit a newly created program. However, as soon as view permissions (Advanced Roadmaps viewer) or edit permissions (Advanced Roadmaps user) for that program are assigned to any user, the program then becomes restricted to that specific user.
Note the following details:
- If you don't have view permissions for a program, you won't be able to see that program in Advanced Roadmaps.
- To add a plan to a program, you must have view permissions for that plan.
- If you can view a program, but you don't have view permissions for a plan, you won't see the plan or any issues from that plan in Advanced Roadmaps.
The following table lists how user permissions work when you're performing specific actions involving plans and programs.
Actions when configuring a program (at the program level)
|Plan permission||Program permission||Add plan to program||View plan in program||Remove plan from program|
Note that Advanced Roadmaps administrators are able to grant themselves the View and Edit permissions for plans and programs.
To configure program permissions:
- Go to your plan via Plans (in header) > View Plans > click your program.
- Click more () next to the program name > Configure > Permissions.
- In the 'Editors' section, click Add, and select the user or group that you want to have the 'Editors' permission for.
Note that you can only select users or groups that have the global Advanced Roadmaps user permission.
- In the 'Viewers' section, click Add, and select the user or group that you want to have the 'Viewers' permission for.
Note that you can only select users or groups that have the global Advanced Roadmaps viewer permission.
- Click Save.
To remove program permissions from a user or group, in the corresponding section, click the X icon beside the user or group.