This page refers to the usage of the improved planning interface in Portfolio for Jira (version 3.0 and later). If you're using a Portfolio for Jira live plan (any version from 2.0 to 2.27), refer to the documentation in this section.
Portfolio for Jira lets you share a read-only version of a roadmap, to keep stakeholders up-to-date on how business initiatives are tracking across your organization.
When you share a roadmap it will inherit any filters and settings configured for the roadmap view. This might include values applied to hierarchy filters, filter settings, timeframe settings, view settings, and more.
Anyone who has permission to view your plan can access the roadmap you're sharing.
Sample plan with the improved interface
Before you begin
In order to embed plans in HTML pages that support URL embedding, a user with the Jira administrator permission must do the following:
- Add the following parameter to the startup options in your Jira instance:
- Restart your Jira instance.
This action disables clickjacking protection which gives you the ability to embed.
Sharing a roadmap
Share plan modal
To share a roadmap:
- Above the timeline, select Share.
- To share the roadmap as a read-only link:
- Select Link.
- Click Copy.
- Give the link to people you want to share your roadmap with.
- To share and embed the roadmap in an HTML page:
- Make sure clickjacking protection is disabled (see Before you begin).
- Click Embed.
- Click Copy.
- Give the link to people you want to share your roadmap with. You can use the link in any HTML page that supports URL embedding.
Consider disabling warnings in the roadmap to show a clean view to stakeholders. You'll need to disable these before you generate the link. See Customizing view settings.