Using Active sprints
Using Active sprints of a Scrum board
About Active sprints:
- An issue will only be visible in Active sprints if:
- the issue's status maps to one of the board's columns,
- the issue is in an active sprint (for Scrum boards), and
- the issue matches the board's saved filter.
- Each column maps to one or more JIRA statuses.
- Sub-tasks are shown slightly indented, with their parent issue key shown above.
- Swimlanes are based on criteria of your choice. Issues hidden by a Quick Filter will be excluded from the swimlane count.
- The board will be refreshed every 30 seconds, if the browser window doesn't currently have focus. If you have focus on the window, it will show a message, asking you to refresh.
- If you've enabled the 'Days in column' indicator for your board (via configuring columns), dots will show at the bottom of each issue (up to the width of the card or a maximum of 32 dots). The dots indicate the number of days that the issue has been in its current column. Hover over the dots to see the total number of days.
What can I do in the Active sprints of a Scrum board?
|Add issues to the 'To Do' column|
Click Create in the header to open the 'Create Issue' dialog and create your issue. The issue will be added to the To Do column.
Tip: tick the Create another checkbox in the 'Create Issue' dialog to keep it open, if you are creating multiple issues.
|View an issue's details|
Click the desired issue on the board. The issue's details will display in a panel on the right of the board. For information on how to use this issue detail panel, see Searching for Issues.
You can also select multiple issues, right-click, then select View in Issue Navigator for a different view of the issues.
|Prioritize an issue|
Drag and drop an issue within a column to rank it.
|Transition an issue||Drag and drop an issue between columns.|
Select the desired issue, press the '.' key, and type 'create sub-task' to open the 'Create Sub-task' dialog. Create the sub-task as desired.
Sub-tasks are useful for breaking a story (issue) down into implementable chunks.
|Flag issues||Right-click (or select multiple issues and right-click) to open a menu and select Add flag.|
|Filter issues||Click the desired Quick Filter (below the board name), e.g. Only My Issues.|
|Bulk change issues||Right-click (or select multiple issues and right-click) to open a menu and select Bulk Change.|
|Remove issues from a sprint||Right-click (or select multiple issues and right-click) to open a menu and select Remove from Sprint.|
|Hide detail view|
If you're switching between the issues quite often, it might be useful to hide the issue detail view that appears on the right of the backlog. You can do it by clicking More () > Hide detail view.
Need help? If you can't find the answer you're looking for in our documentation, we have other resources available to help you. Check out Getting help.
Read these related topics:
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article