How to remove a child link created in Advanced Roadmaps
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
Parent/child issues are created by linking an 'Initiative' in Advanced Roadmaps issue of a lower hierarchy (typically an Epic). This How To article explains how you can remove the child link from the Jira issue. NOTE: This will remove the link in Portfolio too.
- Locate the Advanced Roadmaps Plan where the issues have been linked. The person who has linked the issue should be aware of which plan this was done in.
- Navigate to the Epic Scope view of the plan and locate the issue.
- Click inside/hover over the Initiative column which will reveal a drop-down.
- Click the drop-down and select 'No Initiative'.
- Commit changes back to Jira.
Alternatively, you can configure Jira to expose the Portfolio hierarchy configuration in Jira Software so you can make the changes directly inside Jira. In that case, you need to do the following:
- Go to > Issues > Custom fields.
- Find the custom field Parent link.
- Select gear icon > Screens
- Select the screens you want to add the parent link to and click Update.
- Now you can see and edit the parent link field in your Jira Software tickets.
- From there, you can remove the child from the parent by navigating to the child issue and clearing out the parent link. All you need to do is hover over the parent link area, click the pencil icon, remove the text, and click the checkmark to save.