1. Build your first object schema
An object schema is a collection of object types and their attributes, objects, and references between them. It also includes your configuration items, such as roles, icons, statuses, and automation rules. Object schemas work like maps that hold all of it together.
To create a new object schema:
- In the Jira top navigation bar, select Insight > Insight Object Schemas.
- Click Create an Object Schema.
- For starters, choose the Empty Object Schema, as shown below.
- Give it a name, say "Mindville resources".
- Click Create and voilà! You can now access it under Insight > Insight Object Schemas.
Here's some explanation for what you should be seeing on your screen:
- Object types: When you start creating object types, they'll appear here in a tree structure.
- Vertical menu: Some actions for your schema. You can use it to expand or collapse the object type view, or create new object types.
- Create: Here you'll create your first object type.
- Object schema actions: Some configuration and actions for your object schema.
When you're ready, go to 2. Create object types.