Working with reports
You can use dynamic reports to view information about your object schema in a variety of formats. You can create a report based on any of the default report types.
Here are all report types that you can create in Insight:
|Attribute value count report|
Pie chart showing how the objects of an object type are distributed based on attributes.
|Attribute value report|
Chart showing attributes totals reported for one or more objects of a specific type.
|Catalog report||Catalog of objects and their attributes.|
|Issue count report||Line or bar chart showing historical totals of issues reported for one or more object types or objects.|
World map showing the location of objects based on an attribute with geographical data. The objects must have a text attribute with a comma-separated latitude and longitude, for example
|Object count report||Line chart showing historical totals of objects for one or more object types.|
|Payroll report||Chart showing payroll expenditures.|
|Two-dimensional report||Returns a table showing the objects of an object type and their attributes.|
|User report||Returns a table showing the total of one or more objects assigned to one or more users.|
|Object search||Report is based on a saved quick search (filter) from the Insight Object Search View. It's a table showing the objects of an object type and their attributes. When you open an object search report, you can click on the Quick search link to view the filter that generates the table.|
Creating a report
- In the top navigation bar, select Insight > Reports.
- Click New Report.
Once you start creating reports, they'll appear in the report manager. Here you can order and filter them, or do many other things, such as printing, sharing, and syncing your reports. To see the list of available actions for your reports, select Options next to each report.
Working with reports in the Report manager
Your reports (as well as reports that have been shared with you) are stored in the Report manager. In addition to viewing the reports, you can also perform actions such as editing, printing or sharing reports with other users. To open the Report manager, in the top menu go to Insight > Reports.
Organize your report view by grouping the reports.
- Select Group by.
- Select one of the following options:
- Label - group reports based on their labels.
- Owner - group reports based on who created the report.
- Type - group reports based on report types.
You can order your reports alphabetically or by the date they were created. Select Order by to change the way your reports are ordered.
To edit a report, select More actions > Edit next to the name of the report you want to edit.
You can change any of the parameters of your report. When you’re done, select Generate preview to see a preview of your updated report or select Update to immediately save your changes.
To print your report, select the report you want to print. In the dialog, select More actions > Print.
To export your report, select the report you want to print. In the dialog, select Export and select the format of your export (CSV, JSON, XML).
The visibility of the data in the reports you share is based on your own permissions. This means that the people or groups your share a report with will be able to see the data, even if they don’t have access to the object schemas or object types included in your report.
To share a report, select More actions> Share next to the name of the report you want to share.
- In the dialog, select the name of a user or group.
- Select the permissions you want to give to the user or group:
- View - users or groups you share the report with can only view this report.
- Edit - users or groups you share the report with can view and edit this report.
- Delete - users or groups you share the report with can view, edit, and delete this report.
- Select Add. Repeat this process to add more users or groups.
- When you’re ready to share, select Share.
The data in your report is updated automatically based on the frequency you selected when you created your report. You can also update the data in your report manually, instead of waiting for a scheduled update.
Updating the data may take several minutes, or longer, depending on the amount of data in your report.
To update data manually, select More actions > Resync next to the name of the report you want to synchronize.
To add a report to your favorites, select Add to favoritenext to the name of the relevant report.
You can filter your reports based on a few options:
- My favorites - displays only those reports that you’ve added to your favorites.
- Shared with me - displays only those reports that others have shared with you.
- Shared by me - displays only those reports that you have shared with others.
- Report name - enter a name or part of a name.
- Labels - select one or more labels. If you select more than one label, the filter will show only those reports that have all of the labels you selected.
- Owned by - displays only those reports owned by the person you selected.
To clear your filters, select Clear filter.
To delete a report, select More actions > Delete next to the name of the report you want to delete.
Displaying a report on your Jira dashboard
To display a report on a Jira dashboard, add an Insight Widget to your dashboard. Learn more about configuring your dashboard.
- In the top menu, select Dashboards > (name of your dashboard).
- Select Add gadget.
- In the dialog, search for Insight Widget and select Add gadget. If you don’t see Insight Widget, select Load all gadgets.
- Configure your gadget:
- Widget: select the report you want to display.
- Refresh interval: select how frequently you want to refresh the report.
- Select Save.
Viewing audit logs related to reports
To view audit logs, you must be logged in as a user with the Jira Administrators or Jira System Administrators global permission.
Some user activities surrounding Insight reports are tracked in the Jira audit log. If you’re a Jira admin, you can see who viewed, printed or shared reports.
Learn more about auditing in Jira.
See all audit logs used for Insight reports.
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article