4. Create objects
Objects are your actual assets. Every object is a digital representation of anything that you're mapping in Assets, be it a specific computer, employee, office they work at, or even a license for your software.
To create an object:
- Select an object type.
- At the top-right, select Create object. You'll need to specify its name and attributes. The required attributes will depend on the object type you've chosen.
- Create objects based on the table below, and try to come up with some sample attributes.
|Server Type||Virtual, Physical|
MacBook Pro (15")
|Server||Dell PowerEdge VRTX|
HPE ProLiant DL580 Gen9
And some explanations once you're done creating objects:
- Object count: Now your object types show the number of objects they contain.
- Objects: Objects from the selected object type.
- View: Switch between the different view types.
- Details: Here, you can switch between the detail view and the list view.
- Print label and Print QR code You can print a label or QR code and put it on your physical asset. When you scan the label or code, the asset details will open in Jira.
When you're ready, go to 5. View object graphs.
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article