Tutorial: Starting from scratch
This tutorial will guide you through the most important aspects of Assets, essentially taking your from zero to hero. Here's what you'll learn:
- Create a basic object schema
- Create object types
- Add attributes to object types
- Create objects for each object type
- Link your object schema to a Jira project
- Add your objects to Jira issues
Before you begin
The tutorial takes you through all the basic actions you'll need to know about in Assets. This, however, has some disadvantages:
- You'll be adding custom fields to screens in Jira, which requires admin permissions.
- You'll be creating object types, attributes, and objects manually, which might take some time.
If you don't have sufficient permissions (but can create projects) or want to see a schema pre-filled with data, you can also try the ITSM tutorial that uses sample data to create a nice object type schema.
In this tutorial
Here are all the steps you'll follow in this tutorial: