Third party integrations
Automation for Jira Server integrates with many third party apps and services, both internal and external to the Atlassian ecosystem.
Atlassian ecosystem integrations
Current integrations include:
- Deep support for Jira Service Desk - SLAs, fields, concepts
- Support for Tempo fields
- Support for Insight fields
- Better Excel Automation for Jira
- Better Excel Exporter for Jira
- Better PDF Exporter for Jira
- Better PDF Automation for Jira
- Elements Connect
- Simple Task lists
- Sending messages to Slack channels/users
- Sending messages via Microsoft Teams
- Sending messages via Twilio
An incoming webhook is a way for a third party to trigger an Automation Rule. The webhook can specify specific issues to act on or even provide Automation for Jira Server with real-time data that you can use to update your issues. We have some great examples on how we have used webhooks in our blog:
- Triage customer feedback and add a slack notification
- How to use Automation for Jira to improve Continuous Delivery
- Integrate Jira and GitHub.
Outgoing web requests
Using our Outgoing web request action you can send arbitrary web requests to integrate with any API. You can then use the response in subsequent actions.
Creating your own actions
Automation for Jira Server allows extensions contributed by other app vendors in the Atlassian Marketplace that contribute automation actions directly in our UI. For details on how to contribute these actions see our developer guide.