Elastic Bamboo Costs
This page provides high level guidelines to Elastic Bamboo costs. As usage patterns vary from user to user, these guidelines are only intended to provide a picture of how Elastic Bamboo operates, not to make definitive pricing statements.
Amazon EC2 Pricing Information
You can use Elastic Bamboo to run remote agents on elastic instances in the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2). If you choose to do this, you will be charged by Amazon for your EC2 compute usage. These charges will be billed to the AWS account that you provide.
Please note, if you do not have an AWS account, you must register for one on the AWS registration page before you can enable Elastic Bamboo.
Full details on Amazon EC2 pricing is available on the Amazon EC2 pricing page. Please also note the following important information, which is relevant to EC2 usage by Elastic Bamboo:
- You are responsible for all EC2 usage costs incurred on your AWS account.
- Elastic Bamboo creates "High-CPU Medium" Instances by default, however you can configure the EC2 instance type. Read Managing your elastic image configurations for instructions on how to change your default instance type. Please note the different costs for different instance types.
- You are responsible for creating and shutting down resources required to run agents in EC2.
- You can track your EC2 usage in near real-time on the AWS Account page.
- Your Elastic Bamboo compute usage will not be distinguishable from your non-Bamboo EC2 compute usage in your AWS billing.
General Notes about EC2 Usage and Costs
The following information is based on our usage of Elastic Bamboo at Atlassian. These points are intended to be guidelines to EC2 usage and costs only.
- The bulk of EC2 costs from using Elastic Bamboo is for the uptime of EC2 instances. We strongly recommend that you shut down your instances when not in use.
- The costs for storing and moving data in and out of the EC2 will vary. However these costs are minimal (e.g. storing image) compared to instance uptime costs. Using the Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) with Elastic Bamboo can significantly reduce the data transfer (and associated costs) in and out of the EC2. Read more about configuring elastic instances to use EBS.
- The costs for using the Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) is minimal, relative to instance uptime costs.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!