Changing users' passwords or details
Follow this process if you store the user's data in Bamboo. If the user data is stored in an external user directory like Crowd or LDAP, go to that directory to perform this action.
To change a user's password or details:
- From the top navigation bar select > Security > Users.
- Locate the user by typing part of their username, full name, or email.
- Select Edit next to the user you want to modify.
- Edit the user's details or password as necessary.
- If you have configured SMTP email on your Bamboo server, the user will automatically receive an email containing their new password.
- The user can easily change their password later.
- Select Save.
- Users who have forgotten their passwords can select the Forgotten your password? link on the Bamboo login screen. This will automatically generate a new password and email it to them (provided the Bamboo server has been configured to send SMTP email).
- Logged-in users can change their own password and details, as described in Managing your user profile.
- See Associating your author name with your user profile for information about Source Repository Aliases.
Last modified on Dec 15, 2021
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article
Powered by Confluence and Scroll Viewport.