Granting global permissions to users or groups
Global permissions control which users and groups have access to build plans and the Bamboo server, and what actions they can perform.
Note that if you remove all permissions for a user or group, that user or group will disappear from the Permissions tab for all plans.
To change global permissions:
- Click theicon in the Bamboo header and choose Overview.
- Click Global Permissions in the left navigation panel, and then Edit Global Permissions.
- You can set plan permissions for the categories of users in the table below.
- Select (or clear) the check box for each permission that you wish to change for a user or group.
- Click Save.
Logged in Users
Users who are logged in to Bamboo.
Users who are not logged in to Bamboo.
A user already created in the Bamboo system.
To edit plan permissions for an existing user:
- In the Grant permission to list, select User.
- Type the username into the box, or click the icon to select from a list.
- Click Add. The user will be added to the list on the screen, and you can then select permissions for them.
A group already created in the Bamboo system.
To edit plan permissions for an existing group:
- In the Grant permission to list, select Group.
- Type the group name into the box.
- Click Add. The group will be added to the list on the screen, and you can then select permissions for the group.
You can grant the following global permissions:
Can be granted to
Permission to view the Bamboo system.
The 'Admin' global permission also includes all plan permissions, for every plan.
Screenshot: Global Permissions
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article