Build fails on Bamboo server while parsing Test.XML file
Platform notice: Server and Data Center only. This article only applies to Atlassian products on the Server and Data Center platforms.
Support for Server* products ended on February 15th 2024. If you are running a Server product, you can visit the Atlassian Server end of support announcement to review your migration options.
*Except Fisheye and Crucible
Builds are failing on Bamboo server with the below error :
Test.xml was ignored because it was modified (2022-03-04 12:19:43.000) before task started (2022-03-04 12:20:05.516)
Error seen on Bamboo server 6.0.1
- The first step is to identify where is the build running (local agents or remote agents).
- If the builds are running on the remote agent, it's important to check and validate if there is any Network time protocol setup between the Bamboo server and the remote agents and the time is in sync between these two.
- The error is thrown on the task of type: com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.maven:task.builder.mvn3
- In the application logs we can validate the below messages:
Starting task 'Package' of type 'com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.maven:task.builder.mvn3'
Test.xml was ignored because it was modified (2022-03-04 21:33:18.000) before task started (2022-03-04 21:33:47.122)
- The cause of the error is not very clear, but it seems the Test.xml file for the test Parsing is modified even before the task is started.
- The solution for this Issue is to segregate build and test Parsing tasks separately.
- For the maven builder task, uncheck the option "The build will produce test results."
- Later the test cases can be parsed using separate Junit Parser task Type, more details at JUnit Parser