How to identify the repository information in the build logs
Platform notice: Server and Data Center only. This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
When running a Source Code Checkout task in Bamboo, the repository information is shown within the build logs. This article will help you identify its name and other information in the logs.
Step 1: find the build logs
Build logs are available at the Build Results page, under the Logs tab. You can view the full log file by clicking the "View" option.
Step 2: identify the Source Code Checkout Task logs
Upon having the full build logs, you can now identify the section that refers to the Source Code Checkout Task. Bamboo will explicitly tell you when that task started and when it was completed, thus all its logs are contained within that section. For example,
simple 15-Jul-2021 21:10:09 Starting task 'Checkout Default Repository' of type 'com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.vcs:task.vcs.checkout' simple 15-Jul-2021 21:10:09 Checking out into /Users/user/Downloads/BAMBOO-AGENT-HOME/xml-data/build-dir/PROJ-PLAN-JOB1 simple 15-Jul-2021 21:10:09 Updating source code to revision: 677911fe4134538494a386c5ab9a0464597fd87b simple 15-Jul-2021 21:10:11 Fetching 'refs/heads/master' from 'ssh://git@bitbucket-server:7999/testProject/testRepository.git'. simple 15-Jul-2021 21:10:11 Warning: Permanently added '[127.0.0.1]:61848' (RSA) to the list of known hosts. simple 15-Jul-2021 21:10:11 Checking out revision 677911fe4134538494a386c5ab9a0464597fd87b. simple 15-Jul-2021 21:10:11 Already on 'master' simple 15-Jul-2021 21:10:11 Updated source code to revision: 677911fe4134538494a386c5ab9a0464597fd87b simple 15-Jul-2021 21:10:11 Finished task 'Checkout Default Repository' with result: Success
Step 3: identify the repository information
Once we are looking at the correct log section, we can easily identify the repository information. Taking the example above, we have:
- Checking out into: this line tells you the directory where the source code is being checked out into, which is the build directory for the plan's job.
- Fetching 'refs/heads/master' from 'ssh://git@bitbucket-server:7999/testProject/testRepository.git'.:
- Repository branch is highlighted in orange.
- Repository URL is highlighted in blue.
- Repository's project is highlighted in red.
- Repository name is highlighted in green.
- Updating source code to revision <commit hash> / Checking out revision <commit hash> / Updated source code to revision <commit hash>: this line tells you which commit the task is fetching from the repository.
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article