Windows build artifacts are not copied
The build completes successfully, the files are produced but the build agent doesn't find the files. This is an intermittent problem.
If the build plan is modified to list all the files, we can confirm that all the files are present, but the agent is not able to find them. In the following example, though the French and Japanese files are present, the agent couldn't find them.
build 17-May-2013 13:01:56 C:\Users\ssetayeshfar\bamboo-agent-home\xml-data\build-dir\PK-DESKTOP-JOB1\Output>dir *.exe build 17-May-2013 13:01:56 Volume in drive C has no label. build 17-May-2013 13:01:56 Volume Serial Number is 60-5C build 17-May-2013 13:01:56 build 17-May-2013 13:01:56 Directory of C:\Users\ssetayeshfar\bamboo-agent-home\xml-data\build-dir\PK-DESKTOP-JOB1\Output build 17-May-2013 13:01:56 build 17-May-2013 13:01:56 05/17/2013 01:01 PM 5,576,536 P_Policy_1.00.0018_x86_en.exe build 17-May-2013 13:01:56 05/17/2013 01:01 PM 5,759,352 P_Policy_1.00.0018_x86_fr.exe build 17-May-2013 13:01:56 05/17/2013 12:56 PM 25,691,352 PK_1.00.0018_x64_en.exe build 17-May-2013 13:01:56 05/17/2013 12:57 PM 26,272,400 PK_1.00.0018_x64_fr.exe build 17-May-2013 13:01:56 05/17/2013 12:56 PM 26,547,920 PK_1.00.0018_x64_jp.exe build 17-May-2013 13:01:56 05/17/2013 12:58 PM 21,533,224 PK_1.00.0018_x86_en.exe build 17-May-2013 13:01:56 05/17/2013 12:59 PM 22,115,680 PK_1.00.0018_x86_fr.exe build 17-May-2013 13:01:56 05/17/2013 12:57 PM 22,391,248 PK_1.00.0018_x86_jp.exe build 17-May-2013 13:01:56 05/17/2013 12:58 PM 27,260,448 Secure_1.00.0018_x64_en.exe build 17-May-2013 13:01:56 05/17/2013 12:58 PM 26,381,896 Secure_1.00.0018_x64_fr.exe build 17-May-2013 13:01:56 05/17/2013 12:57 PM 26,261,808 Secure_1.00.0018_x64_jp.exe build 17-May-2013 13:01:56 05/17/2013 12:57 PM 22,880,064 Secure_1.00.0018_x86_en.exe build 17-May-2013 13:01:56 05/17/2013 12:56 PM 22,224,832 Secure_1.00.0018_x86_fr.exe build 17-May-2013 13:01:56 05/17/2013 12:59 PM 22,104,760 Secure_1.00.0018_x86_jp.exe build 17-May-2013 13:01:56 14 File(s) 303,001,520 bytes build 17-May-2013 13:01:56 0 Dir(s) 11,124,547,584 bytes free simple 17-May-2013 13:01:56 Finished task 'List Output' simple 17-May-2013 13:01:56 Running post build plugin 'Artifact Copier' simple 17-May-2013 13:01:56 Publishing an artifact: English Installer simple 17-May-2013 13:01:59 Finished publishing of artifact Job artifact: [English Installer], pattern: [*_en.exe] anchored at[Output] in 2s simple 17-May-2013 13:01:59 Publishing an artifact: French Installer error 17-May-2013 13:02:09 Unable to publish artifact [French Installer]: simple 17-May-2013 13:02:09 Finished publishing of artifact Job artifact: [French Installer], pattern: [*_fr.exe] anchored at[Output] in 9s simple 17-May-2013 13:02:09 Publishing an artifact: Japanese Installer error 17-May-2013 13:02:13 Unable to publish artifact [Japanese Installer]: simple 17-May-2013 13:02:13 Finished publishing of artifact Job artifact: [Japanese Installer], pattern: [*_jp.exe] anchored at[Output] in 4s ....
This problem can be caused by:
- Having the "Large Send Offload V2 (IPv4)" enabled
- Connection problems between Bamboo server and the agent
- Anti-virus scanner scanning the the agent home directory and the Bamboo server directory
- Check that the user running the plan has admin permissions. Based on this document, if running Bamboo as a Windows service, the user has to be a local admin account: Running Bamboo service on Windows as the local user.
- Check for intermittent connection problems between Bamboo server and the agent. If there is a proxy server or firewall between Bamboo server and the remote agent, by pass it entirely for the sever-agent communication
- If an anti-virus scanner is running on the server that scans through the artifact directory, disable the antivirus scanner from scanning the agent home directory and the Bamboo server directory.
- Check the advanced configuration settings of the network connection on the Windows build agent system and turn OFF the option called "Large Send Offload V2 (IPv4)". This option is ON by default.
Verify that the "bamboo.jms.broker.client.uri" in bamboo.cfg.xml file (under <bamboo-home> directory) is the same as the Bamboo base URL (under Administration >> General Configuration):
<property name="bamboo.jms.broker.client.uri">failover:(tcp://_Bamboo_Base_URL_:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000)?maxReconnectAttempts=10&initialReconnectDelay=15000</property> <property name="bamboo.jms.broker.uri">tcp://0.0.0.0:54663?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=300000</property>