JAVA Option '-Dhttp.nonProxyHosts' Does Not Work on Windows OS
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
When Bitbucket Server is running on a Windows OS, if there are more than one host that needs to bypass the outgoing proxy and you have configured Bitbucket Server to use an outbound proxy with the -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts JVM argument, connections to those sites are not bypassing the proxy and the connection between the application running on those servers and Bitbucket Server is failing.
- Windows OS only
The error messages in the logs will vary based on what application that you are connecting to. Removing the -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts setting from the Java arguments allows for Bitbucket Server to communicate with the servers correctly (but causes features like manage add-ons to loose connection to the Marketplace.
The -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts setting for Java are defined incorrectly
(Note that the entire list of exceptions is enclosed in the " characters and the | (or) is not escaped with the \ character
To change this setting for Bitbucket Server Running as a process, .
- Stop Bitbucket Server
- Edit the <Bitbucket Server_Install>\bin\setenv.bat file
- Modify the -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts setting
- Save the file
- Start Bitbucket Server
To change this setting for Bitbucket Server running as a service:
- Stop Bitbucket Server Service
- At a CMD prompt, change to the <Bitbucket Server_Install>/bin directory
- Run tomcat8w.exe //ES//ServiceName (Default ServiceName is AtlassianBitbucket Server)
- Click on the Java Tab
- Edit the -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts setting
- Start the Bitbucket Server Service
This KB does not apply to Bitbucket Server running on Linux OS's.