Transfer JIRA or Confluence Account Ownership to Another User
Platform Notice: Cloud Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the cloud platform.
As the current Administrator for a Cloud instance, I would like to assign the Administrator role to another user, and ensure that user also receives technical and/or billing updates in my place in future.
There are two parts to this process:
- Creating a new Administrator in your Cloud instance
- Updating your billing / technical contact information via My Atlassian
Creating a new Administrator User
Log into your Cloud instance as an existing Administrator.
Go to > User management
- If the user doesn't already exist, click on 'Create user' and follow the on-screen prompts to create a new user.
- Otherwise, locate the existing user in the user list, and click on them to access User Management.
- Click on the 'Add Group' button and add the user to the administrators and site-admins groups.
Once you've done that, you can remove yourself from the site-admins and administrators groups, if you'd like to continue using the instance as a regular user or; to disable your user entirely, remove yourself from all groups and Uncheck all boxes next to Application Access.
Updating the Billing / Technical Contacts
Note: An existing billing or technical contact can follow these steps.Note: An existing billing or technical contact can follow these steps.
- Log into your existing My Atlassian account using your Atlassian account (this will be the email that you've been receiving billing / technical notifications to.)
- Click on the '>' sign for the subscription you'd like to make changes to - this will display the license management screen.
- In the Technical and/or Billing email field, enter the email address for your new contact and click 'Add'. You'll be prompted to enter some additional information if an account does not already exist.
- Next, if you wish to make the newly added user a primary contact, select "Make Primary". If the option is greyed out, the new contact will need to login to their own account and select "Make Primary" themselves.
- Important: If your credit card information is on file, you should ensure that this is updated before removing yourself as a contact as you won't have access afterwards. You can find instructions for updating the credit card here.
- Finally, click "Delete" next to your email address to remove yourself as a contact (this will also remove the product from your My Atlassian account).