Upgrading libraries in Clover sources
In case you would like to contribute and upgrade or replace a third party library used by Clover, please stick to the following rules:
- Make sure that it's license and licenses of all dependent libraries are OK:
- use only Apache, MIT and BSD libraries
- use LGPL, EPL, CPL, MPL, CDDL only if necessary because they are "weak copyleft", try to find alternatives
- never use GPL or Affero (or other "viral" licences)
- Update the "Bill Of Materials" - clover-third-party-library-bom.html file in clover-hg repository.
- Put a third party library license file in a module using it (usually in <module>/etc/license directory).
- Put a third party library JAR in a module using it and enhance upgrade.xml script (usually should repackage to <module>/lib folder).
- Make sure that library jar, upgrade script and license file are packaged in all Clover products using it (directly or indirectly).
- we must distribute LGPL and CDDL sources if we modify them,
- Add proper information in 'About' dialog in Clover-for-Eclipse and Clover-for-IDEA.
Last modified on Oct 24, 2016
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article
Powered by Confluence and Scroll Viewport.