Confluence is unable to startup due to Marketplace connectivity issues
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
Confluence is unable to startup. The catalina.out and atlassian-confluence.log both show the application starting up, but you never see a complete startup message.\
The following appears in the
2017-11-15 08:10:43,427 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 5.7 [build 5780 based on commit hash e911fdad641asdfca1ecd5a] 2017-11-15 08:10:45,467 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] initWebApplicationContext Root WebApplicationContext: initialization started
However, you never see the following message in the log:
2017-11-15 08:15:47,514 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] init Confluence is ready to serve
- The firewall does not allow connections with the Atlassian marketplace as described here: Problems Connecting to the Atlassian Marketplace
- Confluence is using Universal Plugin Manager v2.20.7 or below
- Disable firewall and see if the issue continues
The following can help resolve this issue while Confluence is unable to start:
- Follow the steps from the following guide to ensure connectivity to the marketplace: Problems Connecting to the Atlassian Marketplace
- Disable the connection to Atlassian Marketplace by adding -Dupm.pac.disable=true JVM Parameter: Configuring System Properties.
Update to the latest version of the UPM: Updating the Universal Plugin Manager.