Confluence sidebar page tree is not showing all the pages
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
In a Confluence space, we have the option to display its pages in the sidebar as a Page tree. This KB treats a display issue with the page tree where not all pages are showing.
This problem was identified in Confluence server and datacenter version 7.4.3. It could also affect other versions of Confluence.
Be it a single space or more, the page tree is not displaying its pages properly. A couple of factors to take into account:
- Pages that aren't showing are accessible.
- Space permissions and page restrictions are correctly applied and the user(s) can see the pages.
- Reordering the pages or even creating new ones, the behavior doesn't change.
- No error is displayed in the UI, browser developer tools, or in the application logs.
- Performing an index/ancestor rebuild doesn't help.
- Using the Page Tree Macro or navigating to Space Tools >> Reorder Pages displays all pages properly.
If this matches your problem then customization is applied in the space(s) or site.
Customization is applied in the space(s) or site. It's required to find which customization is causing the problem.
Start removing the site/space customization. It's recommended to start removing the CSS Stylesheet first.