Create Space button inactive in Add Space dialog
Such a problem is usually caused by one of the following:
Find the root cause and apply appropriate solution
First you have to find the root cause, for this the following order is suggested (if any of the steps lead to the solution, other steps can be neglected):
- Empty browser cache and/or web-proxy cache if you have any and temporarily disable all browser plugins and antivirus software. It is also advisable to try to connect to Confluence directly without any proxy to test the scenario.
- Enable plugin safe mode to temporarily disable all third-party plugins and see if the issue is solved. If yes, you can try enabling the plugins one-by-one to see which of the is causing the issue.
- Disable any local customization (Theme, Layout modification, custom HTML, custom CSS) to see if any of those cause the issue.
- Clear the plugin cache to ensure that a possible corruption of it is eliminated.
Additionally, if this issues does not occur in Firefox browser but it happens in all other browsers, it is most probably due to gzip compression setting in your reverse proxy configuration. Other browsers besides Firefox does not handle the AJAX call properly. To resolve this, remove/disable gzip completely.
Workaround solution to add space when this problem is present
Please note that this method is not supported and can only be used at your own risk. A root cause shall be found and fixed, for this it is advised to open a support ticket at http://support.atlassian.com if none of the solutions above work.
- Open the dashboard (or just log in to Confluence as administrator user)
- View the page source in your browser (usually right click, then View Source, depends on your browser)
Search for the string atl_token, the line should look like this:
<input type="hidden" name="atl_token" value="b5bcd2c4f096712d497f4df51dbfdf57f6529d38">
- Save the string in the value field between the quotes, in this example it would be b5bcd2c4f096712d497f4df51dbfdf57f6529d38
- Access the following URL to create a space, but be sure to replace the values in the URL accordingly:
Please note that you do not need the < and > sign in the URL.