Error rendering WebPanel: No renderer found for resource type
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only. This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
You see a line of text at the top of each page similar to this:
The values in (templates/quick-comment-header.vm) and confluence-velocity may differ in each case.
- Increase the Plugin Timeout: This issue could be occurring because plugins are taking too long to load on startup, and are therefore timing out. You can increase this timeout from the default of 1min by adding this parameter to your Java properties: -Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300. Please refer to Configuring System Properties for how to set this property.
NB: If your plugins are taking too long to load, it's possible that your hardware is insufficient to cope with the load placed upon it by Confluence. If this is a production instance where performance is important, we'd suggest looking into the load on your CPU and memory during startup and while Confluence is running, and increasing where appropriate.
- Modify a value in the database which may have been set incorrectly:
- If the above step did not fix the issue, revert it by removing that parameter from your Java properties
- Shutdown Confluence
- Please backup your database before proceeding
Execute the following SQL query against your database:
SELECT BANDANAVALUE FROM BANDANA WHERE BANDANAKEY = 'plugin.manager.state.Map';
- Select all, copy and paste the result of the SQL query into a text editor
Find the following lines
<entry> <string>confluence.web.panel.renderers</string> <boolean>false</boolean> </entry>
- Delete the above lines from your notepad and saved it
Execute the following SQL query
UPDATE BANDANA set BANDANAVALUE = '<Put the entire text from your notepad here>' WHERE BANDANAKEY = 'plugin.manager.state.Map';
- Restart Confluence