How to add a Jira kanban board to a Confluence page
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only. This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
The Agile Wallboard gadget is a Jira gadget that can be made available in Confluence, but it is not there by default. To use it, you need an application link between Jira and Confluence and the gadget has to be registered in Confluence.
Please see this guide for step by step instructions: Registering External Gadgets
This document will walk you through all of the steps required to set up an integration between Confluence & JIRA in order to embed a JIRA kanban board onto a Confluence page.
It's possible to display a kanban board from Jira inside of your Confluence instance through an External Gadget setup utilizing the Agile Wallboard Gadget macro. Utilizing gadgets requires that Confluence and Jira are first integrated through Application Links.
To set up:
- First, make sure that the two instances can integrate and talk to each other by creating an Application Link among the systems if one does not already exist.
- Grab the Base URL of your Jira instance and head to <confluenceBaseURL>/admin/viewgadgetdirectory.action in Confluence
- Click on the Gadget Feeds tab. Add the JIRA Base URL here and click Add.
- Create a test page. Open the macro browser and search for Agile Wallboard Gadget and select it.
- From here, you will need to authenticate through to Jira by clicking the Login & Approve dialog from the configure macro modal.
- Configure the kanban board of your choice and save your changes. You should now display the wallboard on the page.