Linking to Another Application
Application Links (sometimes called "AppLinks") is a bundled plugin that allows you to link Atlassian applications to each other. Linking two applications allows you to share information and access one application's functions and resources from within the other.
Atlassian recommends only using OAuth authentication for application links, because of the greater security inherent with that protocol. We no longer recommend the Trusted Applications and Basic authentication types.
Linking Confluence to other applications allows you to include information from those applications in pages or blogs that you create in Confluence. For example, you could link Confluence to JIRA Software and display issues on a Confluence page using the JIRA Issues Macro.
- Go to > General Configuration > Application links.
The Application Links configuration page appears and lists any links you already have set up.
Enter the URL of the application you want to link to, then click Create new link.
- If you check The servers have the same set of users... then this link will be configured using OAuth (with impersonation) authentication.
- If you are not an admin on both servers you won't be able to set up a 2-way (reciprocal) application link. If you want to go ahead and create a 1-way link anyway, clear the I am an administrator on both instances checkbox.
- Use the wizard to finish configuring the link. If the application you are linking to does not have the Application Links plugin, you must supply additional information to set up a link with OAuth authentication.
The new link will appear on the "Configure Application Links" page, where you can:
- Edit the settings of the application link (for example, to change the authentication type of the link) using the Edit icon.
- Specify the default instance if you have multiple links to the same type of application (for example, to multiple JIRA servers) using the Make Primary link. See Making a primary link for links to the same application type for more information.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!