Space or Global Activity History is Lost After Restoring Site XML Backup
After performing an upgrade or a site XML import, the space or global activity history is missing.
The Usage Tracking (Activity and Global Activity) plugin stores the previous entries in the
<confluence-home>\index\plugin directory. The missing index folder could lead to the global activity not showing.
The only way to recover the data is from a backup of the index directory prior to any deletion.
Perform the following steps:
- Stop the Confluence instance
- Copy the <confluence-home>\index\plugin directory from the backup directory
- Place it back to the existing index directory
- Restart Confluence instance
- Re-build the content indexing via the Administration console
- Check if the previous data are being restored
Track USGTRK-33 for a more robust storage mechanism.