Unable to Delete Space
An error is thrown when deleting a space. Appearing in the logs is one of:
- a constraint violation
- a NullPointerException
- a org.springframework.dao.DataIntegrityViolationException
There is an invalid entry or foreign key relationship in the database. Inspect the stack trace you receive from the error. See below for the corresponding solution.
Causes and Resolutions
org.springframework.dao.IncorrectResultSizeDataAccessException: query did not return a unique result
org.springframework.dao.DataIntegrityViolationException: Hibernate operation: could not delete com.atlassian.confluence.pages.templates.PageTemplate
org.springframework.dao.DataIntegrityViolationException: Hibernate operation: could not delete com.atlassian.confluence.pages.Attachment
If you are unable to access the space at all from the UI, you can run the deletion from the URL directly at http://<baseURL>/spaces/removespace.action?key=<insert space key>. If that fails to work, refer to the documentation on Manually Deleting a Space.
- Try to Purge the Space Trash first and then attempt to delete the Space again.
- From the application logs or UI, if you encounter an issue with a particular page which is causing issue during the Space Delete operation, try and move/copy the page to a different space and then attempt to delete the Space in question.
If you find you're still having problems, you may need to get a bit more information about what specifically is causing problems.
- If you can reproduce the problem on a test instance, use these steps there before trying this in production.
- Shut down Confluence
- Enable sql logging with parameters.
- Restart Confluence and attempt to delete the space, recreating the error.
- View the atlassian-confluence.log. You'll find the culprit space and the offending database row.
- If you have any questions about which rows to delete, create a support ticket and attach the detailed logs.