Migrating Confluence Between Servers
On this page:
Transferring Confluence To Another Server Using The Same Operating System
If the operating systems on both servers are the same, then you can copy the home and install folders straight into an identical external database and user management setup.
- Run the Confluence installer on your new server
- Shut down Confluence on both your old and new servers
- If you're using Oracle or MySQL, copy the drivers from your old server to the new one
Delete the contents of the home directory on your new Confluence server, then copy in the contents of the home directory from your old Confluence server
Copy the server.xml file (
Confluence_install_directory/conf/) from your old server to your new server
- If you use a data source, follow the instructions for your database type and ensure the data source points to the new database: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server or Oracle.
- Start Confluence, then head to General configuration > License Details to add your license key
We strongly recommend you perform a rebuild of your content indices after performing a migration, to ensure Confluence search works as expected.
Transferring Confluence To Another Server Using a Different Operating System
Migrating from Windows to Linux
You'll need to replace the backslashes with forward slashes in the following lines in
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!