Adding a User
In Crowd, users are referred to as user entity objects or just users.You can either import users into Crowd in bulk (see Importing Users and Groups into a Directory), or add them individually as described below.
To add a user:
- Log in to the Crowd Administration Console.
- Click the Users tab in the top navigation bar.
- Click Add User in the left-hand menu.
- Complete the following fields:
- Email — The email address of the user. Email addresses must follow the RFC2822 format.
- Active — Only deselect this if you wish to deny the user access to the Crowd-integrated applications.
- Username — The user's login name. Within a given directory, the username must be unique. Note that you cannot change the username once the user has been created.
- Password — The user's password.
- Confirm Password — Enter the same password again, to ensure that you have typed it correctly.
- First Name — The user's first name.
- Last Name — The user's last name.
- Directory — The directory to which the user will be added. Note that the user cannot be moved to a different directory once the user has been created.
- Click Create to add the user.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!