Importing Users from Jive Forums
If you have already been using Jive Forums, and are now configuring Jive Forms as a Crowd application, you will probably want to import your existing Jive users and groups into a Crowd directory.
To import users and groups from Jive Forums into a Crowd directory,
- Login to the Crowd Administration Console.
- Click the 'Users' link in the top navigation bar.
- This will display the User Browser. Click the 'Import Users' link.
- This will display the 'Import Type' screen. Click the 'JIVE' button.
- This will display the 'Options' screen. Complete the fields as follows:
- 'Directory' — select the directory that is mapped to the Jive Forums application.
- 'DB URL' — type the URL of Jive's database.
- 'DB Driver' — type the name of Jive's database JDBC driver.
- 'Username' — type the username of the database user that Crowd will use to login to Jive's database.
- 'Password' — type the password of the database user Crowd will use to login to Jive's database.
The import process will log in to the database, not to Jive Forums.
- Click the 'Continue' button to import the users from Jive Forums into your Crowd directory.
- The 'Status' screen will be displayed, showing how many users and groups have been imported into your Crowd directory.
- Click the 'Users' button to view and manage the imported users and groups via the Crowd Administration Console (assuming the directory's permissions allow this).
Screenshot: 'Import Jive Users'
- Using the Directory Browser
- Adding a Directory
- Configuring Caching for an LDAP Directory
- Using Naive DN Matching
- Specifying Directory Permissions
- Importing Users and Groups into a Directory
- Importing Users from Atlassian Confluence
- Importing Users from Atlassian JIRA
- Importing Users from Atlassian Bamboo
- Importing Users from Jive Forums
- Importing Users from CSV Files
- Importing Users from One Crowd Directory into Another
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!