Resetting Forgotten Passwords
You can go to the Crowd 'Login' screen and request the ability to reset your password. This is useful when you have forgotten the password. Crowd will send you an email message containing a unique, randomly-generated URL. When you click the link on that URL, you will go to a screen where you can choose your own new password.
To reset your password,
- Open Crowd in your web browser. In most cases, you will do this by typing an address like this one into the browser's address bar:
YOUR-CROWD-LOCATION' with the address of your Crowd server. (Ask your Crowd administrator for this address.)
- The Crowd login screen appears. Click the link labeled 'Can't access your account?'.
- The 'Help! I forgot my login details' screen appears. Select the option labeled 'I have forgotten my password'.
- A panel opens where you can enter your username, as shown below. Enter your Crowd username and click the 'Continue' button.
- You will receive an email message containing a link to a unique, randomly-generated URL. This link remains available for 24 hours. Click the link in the email message or copy the URL to your browser address bar.
- The 'Reset Password' screen appears, as shown below. Change your password to one you can remember easily.
Screenshot: Forgotten password
Screenshot: Reset password
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!