Below are instructions on upgrading an existing Crowd installation to the latest version of Crowd. There are two upgrade procedures to choose from:
- Method 1: Automatic database upgrade. Install the new version of Crowd and simply point it at your existing home directory. The upgrade procedure automatically updates your Crowd database.
- Method 2: Data transfer via XML backup. Back up your Crowd database to XML before starting the upgrade, install the new version of Crowd and then import the data into your new Crowd installation.
Recommended Upgrade Procedure
Upgrading from Crowd 2.0 or later
If you are upgrading from Crowd 2.0 or later, you can use method 1, automatic database upgrade or method 2, data transfer via XML backup.
Upgrading from Crowd 1.6 or earlier
If you are upgrading from a version of Crowd prior to 2.0, please make your choice based on your database server, the version of Crowd you are upgrading from and the version you are upgrading to.
- If you are using PostgreSQL, MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server and:
- Upgrading from Crowd 1.3 or later, to Crowd 2.0.4 or later – use method 1, automatic database upgrade.
- Upgrading from Crowd 1.2 or earlier, to Crowd 2.0.4 or later – use method 2, data transfer via XML backup.
- If you are using any other database server – use method 2, data transfer via XML backup
These are some options you may like to consider:
- If you prefer method 2, data transfer via XML backup, you can choose that option for any database server and no matter which version of Crowd you are upgrading from or to.
- If you are upgrading from Crowd 1.2 or earlier, are using PostgreSQL, MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server, and cannot perform an XML backup:
- Upgrade to Crowd 1.6 first, following the instructions in the Crowd 1.6 upgrade guide.
- Then upgrade from Crowd 1.6 to Crowd 2.0.4 or later, using the automatic database upgrade as described in the Crowd 2.0 upgrade guide.
- If for some reason you must upgrade to Crowd 2.0.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2 or 2.0.3 (and cannot upgrade to Crowd 2.0.4), follow method 2, data transfer via XML backup.
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article