Configuring the CSV Importer
Once you have started the CSV Importer, the 'Configuration' screen allows you to specify information about the Crowd directory and CSV file(s) involved in the import.
Refer to information on preparing your CSV files.
To configure the CSV importer
The CSV files to import (the one that are entered in the 'User File' and 'Group Membership File' fields must be in a path readable by the Crowd server performing the import.
- Start the CSV Importer.
- Complete the following fields:
- Directory — Select the Crowd user directory into which you want to import the users.
- Are your passwords encrypted? —
- Select Yes if the passwords in your CSV file are already encrypted. Crowd will not re-encrypt the passwords during the import.
- Select No if the passwords in your CSV file are not encrypted. Crowd will encrypt the passwords during the import, using the encryption method of the Crowd directory you are importing into.
- User state after import — Select the default state for users imported with the CSV file.
- Delimiter — Type the single-character delimiter used to separate the fields in your CSV file(s).
- User File — Type the location of the CSV file containing the users you wish to import. If you're using Crowd 4.2.4, 4.3.5, or newer, the file path must be relative to the 'import' subdirectory of the shared Crowd home.
- Group Membership File — If you want to import groups and group memberships of your users, type the location of the CSV file containing the group membership information. If you're using Crowd 4.2.4, 4.3.5, or newer, the file path must be relative to the 'import' subdirectory of the shared Crowd home.
- Click the Continue button to map the CSV fields to the Crowd directory fields.
Screenshot: 'CSV Importer - Configuration'
- Using the Directory Browser
- Adding a Directory
- Configuring an Internal Directory
- Configuring an LDAP Directory Connector
- Configuring a Remote Crowd Directory
- Configuring a Custom Directory Connector
- Configuring a Delegated Authentication Directory
- Configuring Azure Active Directory
- Configuring Caching for an LDAP Directory
- Using Naive DN Matching
- Specifying Directory Permissions
- Importing Users and Groups into a Directory
- Importing Users from Atlassian Confluence
- Importing Users from Atlassian Jira
- Importing Users from Atlassian Bamboo
- Importing Users from Jive Forums
- Importing Users from CSV Files
- Importing Users from One Crowd Directory into Another
- Configuring directories for failover authentication
- Pruning delegated directories
Last modified on May 17, 2022
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article
Powered by Confluence and Scroll Viewport.