Crucible 2.4 Upgrade Guide
Below are some important notes on upgrading to Crucible 2.4. For details of the new features and improvements in this release, please read the Crucible 2.4 Release Notes.
On this page:
- Crucible 2.4:
- If you are using a Mercurial or Git repository with Crucible, it will be automatically re-indexed when you upgrade to Crucible 2.4. This is because we have upgraded the database schema for these SCMs.
- If you are using a lightSCM plugin to connect to a repository (i.e. you are not using FishEye), we recommend that you disable the lightSCM plugin in favor of the new native repository access functionality that is bundled with this Crucible release. Atlassian's lightSCM plugins (not lightSCM itself) are being deprecated in this release. Please see What happens if I decide to stop using FishEye with Crucible? for more information.
- Crucible 2.4.1:
- If you use FishEye/Crucible with Perforce and previously upgraded to FishEye/Crucible 2.4.0, you must reindex all of your Perforce repositories after upgrading to FishEye/Crucible 2.4.1. Note, FishEye/Crucible will not automatically reindex your Perforce repositories, you will need to start the reindex manually.
- Crucible 2.4.2:
- If you are using a ClearCase repository with Crucible, it will be automatically re-indexed when you upgrade to Crucible 2.4. This is because we have upgraded the database schema for this SCM.
Upgrade a test environment first
As always, please test your upgrades in your test environment before rolling into production.
If you are already running a version of Crucible, please follow these instructions on Upgrading to a new version of Crucible.
Checking for Known Issues and Troubleshooting the Crucible Upgrade
If something is not working correctly after you have completed the steps above to upgrade your Crucible installation, please check for known Crucible issues and try troubleshooting your upgrade as described below:
- Check for known issues. Sometimes we find out about a problem with the latest version of Crucible after we have released the software. In such cases we publish information about the known issues in the Crucible Knowledge Base. Please check the Crucible 2.4 Known Issues in the Crucible Knowledge Base and follow the instructions to apply any necessary patches if necessary.
- Did you encounter a problem during the Crucible upgrade? Please refer to the guide to troubleshooting upgrades in the Crucible Knowledge Base.
- If you encounter a problem during the upgrade and cannot solve it, please create a support ticket and one of our support engineers will help you.
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article