In Crowd, users are referred to as user entity objects or just users.You can either import users into Crowd in bulk (see Importing Users and Groups into a Directory), or add them individually as described below.
To add a user:
- Log in to the Crowd Administration Console.
- Click the Users tab in the top navigation bar.
- Click Add User in the left-hand menu.
- Complete the following fields:
- Email — The email address of the user. Email addresses must follow the RFC2822 format.
- Active — Only deselect this if you wish to deny the user access to the Crowd-integrated applications.
- Username — The user's login name. Within a given directory, the username must be unique. Note that you cannot change the username once the user has been created.
- Password — The user's password.
If you have configured an email server and a notification template, Crowd will send the user an email notification about their new password.
- Confirm Password — Enter the same password again, to ensure that you have typed it correctly.
- First Name — The user's first name.
- Last Name — The user's last name.
- Directory — The directory to which the user will be added. Note that the user cannot be moved to a different directory once the user has been created.
- Click Create to add the user.
Automatically adding users to JIRA or other groups
You can configure your directory to automatically add users to one or more groups. Define the default groups on the directory as described in Automatically Assigning New Users to Groups. For example, you can add JIRA groups as default groups for your LDAP directory connector. Whenever a new user is added to LDAP, they will automatically get access to JIRA.