A version is a set of features and fixes released together as a single update to your product.
This page only applies to Scrum boards.
You will need to have Project Admin permission, or JIRA Admin global permission
To create a new version,
- Log in to JIRA.
Click the Agile link's down-arrow in the top navigation bar, then select your preferred board from the resulting dropdown menu.
- Your board will be displayed. Click Plan.
- If the Versions panel is not shown at the left of the screen, select Tools > Show Version Panel.
- Click Create version at the top right of the Versions panel.
- Choose the relevant project and type a name for your new version.
For more details, please see the JIRA documentation on Managing Versions.
- You can optionally specify the version Start Date and planned Release Date.
The Start Date is used to give you a more accurate Version Report in cases where you might plan a version many weeks or even months in advance, but not actually commence work until closer to the release date.
- Your new version will be added to your board's Versions panel.
Screenshot 1: creating a version (click to enlarge)