The Version Report shows your team's progress towards completion of a version. The Version Report also shows you the predicted Release Date, based on your team's average rate of progress (velocity) since the start of the version, and the estimated amount of work remaining.
This page only applies to Scrum boards.
To view the Version Report,
Click the Agile link's down-arrow in the top navigation bar, then select your preferred board from the resulting dropdown menu.
- Click Report, then select Version Report from the drop-down at top left.
- Select the relevant version from the version dropdown.
Screenshot: Version Report (click to enlarge)
The horizontal axis starts on the version's Start Date; or if no Start Date is specified, the date on which an issue was first added to the version. The graph shows the state your version was in at any given point in time, in terms of your total and completed Story Points (or other Estimation Statistic of your choice), so that you can see how the scope may have changed, and how you are progressing towards completion of the estimated work.
The graph shows you the following predictions:
- the Predicted Release Date (blue line) – that is, the date at which you can expect all issues in your version to be complete, based on your average daily velocity and the amount of estimated work remaining.
- the Predicted Release Date (Optimistic) (shaded area to the left of the blue line) – that is, the earliest date by which you might expect the version to be complete. (The "optimistic" date is calculated by adding 10% to the average daily velocity.)
- the Predicted Release Date (Pessimistic) (shaded area to the right of the blue line) – that is, the latest date by which you might expect the version to be complete. (The "pessimistic" date is calculated by subtracting 10% from the average daily velocity.)
Note that 10% of the estimated work for the version will need to be complete before the predictions can be calculated.
- The Version Report is board-specific, that is, it will only include issues which match your board's Saved Filter.
- The Version Report shows Released versions but not Archived versions. (For more about version status, please see the JIRA documentation on Managing Versions)