Confluence 4.2.12 Upgrade Notes
Below are some important notes on upgrading to Confluence 4.2.12. For details of the fixes in this release, please read the release notes.
Note: An API change in Confluence 4.2.6 and later is incompatible with the current version of the CONF-25981 - PermissionSetter is removed in Confluence 4.2.6 Resolved. The changed API may result in problems with other plugins too. Please watch this issue for news:
If you are already running a version of Confluence, please follow these instructions to upgrade to the latest version:
- Before you upgrade, we strongly recommend that you back up your Confluence Home directory and database. The Confluence Home directory is the folder where Confluence stores its configuration information, search indexes and page attachments. Another term for 'Home directory' would be 'data directory'. Read more about finding your Home directory.
- If your version of Confluence is earlier than 3.5.x, then you should upgrade to Confluence 3.5.x before upgrading to Confluence 4.2.x.
- If your version of Confluence is earlier than 4.2, read the release notes and upgrade guides for all releases between your version and the latest version.
- Download the latest version of Confluence.
- Follow the instructions in the Upgrade Guide.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!