Confluence 4.3.1 Upgrade Notes
Below are some important notes on upgrading to Confluence 4.3.1 from an earlier version of Confluence. For details of the fixes in this release, please read the release notes.
Note added on Friday 28 September: The Confluence 4.3.1 release contains an upgrade task that will cause the upgrade to take a long time, for Confluence sites with a large user base. For more information, please refer to this issue: - CONF-26742Getting issue details... STATUS
If you are already running a version of Confluence, please follow these instructions to upgrade to the latest version:
- Before you upgrade, we strongly recommend that you back up your Confluence Home directory and database. The Confluence Home directory is the folder where Confluence stores its configuration information, search indexes and page attachments. Another term for 'Home directory' would be 'data directory'. We also refer to this as the 'local home directory' in Data Center. Read more about finding your Home directory.
- If your version of Confluence is earlier than 3.5.x, then you should upgrade to Confluence 3.5.x before upgrading to Confluence 4.3.x.
- If your version of Confluence is earlier than 4.3, read the for all releases between your version and the latest version.
- Download the latest version of Confluence.
- Follow the instructions in the Upgrade Guide.