Field or Filter does not exist or you do not have permission to view it
When trying to view filters or search results, you receive an error within a red box similar to this:
Possible causes for the error above:
- The user is not logged into the JIRA system.
- The user does not have the appropriate project permissions to view the Fields.
- The user does not have the permission to view the Filter. You are not the owner or the filter or it has not been shared with you.
- The referenced Custom Field is hidden in the Field Configuration.
- Ensure that the user is logged into the JIRA application.
- Ensure that the filter has been shared with the appropriate user as detailed in Managing shared filters.
- If the owner of the filter no longer exists:
- As of JIRA 4.4, JIRA administrators can change the filter's owner in Managing shared filters.
- Pre JIRA 4.4, an administrator will need to re-create and reset the user's password. They can then log in and manage the filter.
- Verify the field is not hidden for the project's Field Configuration scheme. We detail how this works in Specifying field behavior.