How to allow users to create issues anonymously
This article describes how to configure the JIRA application such that it will allow users to create issues without having to log in.
This solution also means all users can browse all issues. To further lock this down the Allow anonymous issue creation but prevent anonymous viewing of issues in Jira KB can be followed.
There are two related actions, configured as per Managing project permissions using the below:
- Allow users to browse and search issues in the project without logging in.
- Add the Anyone group to the Browse Projects permission in the permission scheme for the project.
- Allow users to create issues in that project without logging in.
- Add the Anyone group to the Create Issue permission in the permission scheme for the project.
- Set the Reporter in the project's field configuration scheme to optional.
Any issue created by a user who is not logged in will display 'Anonymous' for the reporter of the issue.