How to bulk import custom field values for certain types of Custom Field
There are times where you have created a new custom field and want to add a lot of values to this custom field. This article provides known methods to bulk import all these values instead of having to manually enter all of them.
Use a 3rd party add-on
Use the CSV Import feature
Using the Importing data from CSV feature, you can create new issues.
* If you specify new values of custom fields during this import, it will create the value in JIRA.
* However, this means you will have to create a "dummy" issue for the purpose of importing the custom field values
- Create a CSV file with all the values you want to add. You can refer to the following and just edit the values in it
The file above is meant for my JIRA project with the project key of PROA. You can either create a new dummy project, or rename the issue keys to an existing project
- In JIRA, navigate to the External System Import page and select CSV
- Select the CSV file you just created and click Next
- Select the project you want to import this issue to. The chosen project should have the same project key as that in the CSV file
- Map the 3 fields accordingly and check the boxes at the end of all 3 fields. Once all boxes are checked, click on Next
- Confirm the values which will be imported and click Begin Import
- Once that is done, verify that the custom field values are created for the Custom Field page
- Delete the dummy issue once it is done to remove it from the system