How to restrict customers access to specific projects only in Jira Service Management
Platform Notice: Cloud Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the cloud platform.
If you have more than one Service Management project, most likely you would like to configure it in a way that some users (or customers with restricted portal access) are only able to browse and create issues in one Service Management project. For example, if you have ProjectA and ProjectB, you may want to have userA only able to browse and create service requests in ProjectA, userB only able to browse and create issues in ProjectB and so on...
- Create a Service Management Project (e.g. ProjectA)
- Create a user (e.g. UserA)
- Give UserA the 'Service Management Customers' Project Role for ProjectA (or any other Project Role, depending on your needs)
- Go to Project Settings (lower left corner of the project settings page). In Customer Permissions select Customers added by agents or admins.
- Now select 'Customers' in your project menu, and see that only the users that had a Project Role assigned in step #2 are in the list.
Repeat above steps for each Service Management project and provide your customers with a single URL to find a list of all the customer portals they can access and the requests they created in each one: https://<instance_name>.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals