Map a screen to a workflow transition in Jira server
Platform Notice: Cloud, Server, and Data Center - This article applies equally to all platforms.
This article walks you through the steps of how to add a screen to a workflow transition.
A custom field name Resolve Method has been created. Now we will have to create a new screen name Resolution screen and map the resolution screen to Resolve Issue Transition.
Learn how to create a new custom field at Add a Custom Field to Transition Screen.
Create a Screen and Add the Custom Field into the Screen
- Log in as a user with JIRA Administrator permission.
- Click at the cog icon Find Screens under Screens category at the left. > Select Issues >
- Click Add Screen.
- Enter the Name and the Description of the Screen then Add.
- After that you will redirect to the Configure Screen page or you can go to the page by using the Configure link at the page where all the screens are listed.
- Add the custom field created ( Resolve Method ) to the screen.
Mapping a Screen to a Workflow Transition
- Go to Workflows page : Cog Icon > Issues > Find Workflows under Workflows category at the left.
- Click at the Edit link at the workflow that you would like to add the transition screen in.
Click at the Resolve Issue Transition then select Edit at the pop up windows.
At the Edit Transition window select Resolution Screen for screen then Save.
- If it's an Active Workflow, remember to Publish Draft after you have done editing.
Else you will need to map the workflow to a workflow scheme and then associate the workflow scheme with a project to activate the workflow.
When you Resolve Issue, the Resolution Screen will prompt out. Then you can specify the Resolve Method on the transition screen.
You might want to check out a more lively simulation of the configuration steps explained above in Atlassian University: