OutOfMemory Errors Due to Third-Party JIRA Plugins
JIRA crashes or behaves unpredictably. Logs contain errors like:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
JIRA plugins can cause out of memory errors. One known issue is the Eclipse Mylyn plugin. The Mylyn bundled with Eclipse 3.3 (2.0.0.v20070627-1400) uses the
getProjects method, causing problems as described in OutOfMemory due to Remote API. Ensure you are using the latest version.
If you have any third-party plugins in use, try disabling them temporarily:
- Get a directory listing of the
WEB-INF/libdirectory, and check for
- Disable the plugin in the Administration page.
- Remove the JAR file from the
- As a temporary measure, increase JIRA's Heap Space allocation.
- Check the plugin's JIRA project for specific resolutions. See the
Causesection above for specifics.