Setting up your service project
- Setting up your service project
- Creating service project request types
- Making queues for your service project teams
- Adding service project agents
- Customize your service project channels
- Bring your service project to the next level
- Introduce customers to your service project
- Explore a sample project
You'll need a working Jira Service Management instance to complete this tutorial, and we have installation instructions for both Windows and Linux operating systems.
If you have an existing Jira Service Management site, skip ahead to create a service project. If your administrator has set you up as a project admin for an existing project, jump to Step 2 to create your request types.
Create a project
Jira Service Management comes with default project templates that you can use to suit your team's needs. There are three templates you can choose from:
- The Basic Service Desk template is set up for internal business teams, like HR, finance, or small IT teams. The template comes with just a few recommended request forms and is easy to customize and expand with your needs.
- We recommend the IT Service Desk template for IT teams who maintain a more complex infrastructure. The template comes with ITIL-inspired workflows for change, incident, and problem management.
- If you help external customers and want to collect bug reports or take suggestions for new feature, we recommend the Customer service desk template. The template comes ready for your customers to request technical or billing help, and report issues.
For now, let's get you set up with a basic service project.
If you're working with an existing Jira Service Management instance, select Projects > Create Project from the the top navigation bar of your instance. If you've just installed and set up Jira Service Management, you'll have the option to Create a new project by selecting Create new project.
Select "Basic Service Desk" as the project type.
Name your project. In this example, we'll use the project name "Charlie Travel Franchises". The project key should be automatically populated, but you can change the key if you'd like. If you see options to link another application, leave these options unchecked.
- Select Submit to create your project.
Nice work! You now have a service management site with one project. You will now learn to set up request types, which define the requests customers can submit to your team's service project.
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article