5. View object graphs
References are types of attributes that let you create references to other objects. Information about a specific object can be useful, but viewing its relations and dependencies is even better. You can do it by using a graphical viewer.
Object schema graph
To view a graph for your object schema:
- At the top-right, next to the object schema configuration, select Graph.
- You'll see the object schema graph. It lets you see how all object types are knitted together.
Object type graph
To view a graph for your object type:
- Select an object type, and click Graph next to the object type configuration.
- You'll see the object type graph. It should help you see your object type's relations with other object types. You can select other object types to see their graphs.
To view a graph for your object:
- Select an object and click Object graph, just below its name in the detail view.
- You'll see the object graph that shows your object's relations with other objects and object types. Here you can additionally switch to the Tree view.
When you're ready, go to 6. Link your object schema to a Jira project.